As with most of Apple’s boxed releases US components were often substituted for UK contents when stocks ran out- not that anyone cared until years later, when collectors dug out their copies of All Things Must Pass only to find that it was housed in a US box, or worse still US inner sleeves ! 🙂
Or ….with The Wedding Album, which is seriously hard to find, in decent (or even acceptable) condition, especially with a full UK box and contents. And not for good reason. Even George Harrison, complained at the time, that John & Yoko were affording world-wide importance on their ever action. It didn’t sell and even those loyal, diehard, completist fans must have been disappointed?
However, I love when Lennon & Ono were working on their self proclaimed “John & Yoko” period. While both their previous works , Two Virgins and Life With the Lions, are one time listening, self indulgent ephemera, the Wedding Album is worth a couple of listens….it’s very funny. The A-side, where they say nothing but “John”… “Yoko” for the whole side gets bizarrely hilarious. Meanwhile the B-side focuses on the nitty-gritty of turning world-wide fame upside down for their Peace Campaign.
Condition : Good/ Fair- NOT included -the photo booth strip and the postcard. Everything else is present. The plastic bag and photo of the cake are US components with the SMAX#. However the box is a rare example the UK version- albeit with corners missing- see photos.
I’ll save a long winded appraisal and let the photos provide the ‘description’. Priced to sell.
• Box Lid : Rare UK, no ‘SMAX’ -sadly missing sections -see photos
• Box Tray : All corners taped -see photos
• Wedding certificate (glued onto inside box lid)
• Press booklet : Minor wear, no pin holes, no rips
• Fold out poster of the wedding photos : Folds out 6 x 12″ LP size : no tears
• Poster of ”Bed Peace” Folds out 3 x 12″ LP size : creased
• Bagism bag (white plastic) + Picture of wedding cake -USA printed
• LP : VG+ No significant marks but has actually been played !
• Photo booth strip & postcard : Missing