NYC Punk scene photobook : everyone who was anyone and plenty that weren’t, includes Bowie, Divine, Grace Jones, Patti Smith & William Burroughs …..street fashion, drag queens….
USA 1977 : Originally published as a paperback ….. with an expanded, White Trash Uncut ,hardback edition in 2014. The original edition is printed more like a magazine, with double page spread & 3 fold outs while the revised edition looses the ‘gutter’ and tries fit the images on a single page. which is best ? Buy both and decide?
Debbie Harry “Christopher Mako was the 1st photographer to understand & record the convergence of Uptown and downtown” .
- Paperback 1st edition 1977 : 95 pages
- Publisher: New York : Stonehill Pub. Co. : [distributed by Farrar Straus & Giroux] (1977)
- Book Dimensions: 30.5 x 22.9 x 1.3 cm
- Hardcover expanded 2nd edition 2014: 128 pages
- Publisher: Glitterati Incorporated.
- Product Dimensions: 21.2 x 1.6 x 30.9 cm