Pinter’s 2nd full length play and arguably his lasting legacy, being his most frequently staged play. However, the production history was less than smooth. Having toured Cambridge, Wolverhampton & Oxford, the ‘provinces” (as outside London productions were negated at the time) during April 1958, it transferred to the Lyric Opera House Hammersmith in London in May.
The arrival in London was nothing more than a critical and commercial disaster and closed after either 8 (or 11, depending on recollections) performances.
Size approx A5. These were personally acquired from the foyer by David Drummond, who attended one of the London performances. SCARCE !