A complete run #1- 48 of Oz Magazine (British edition) Published February 1967- November 1973. 48 issues, no cover variations.
I’m going to swerve the history lesson but …..needless to say, the most iconic, innovative, colourful and psychedelic magazine of the period – period. Mainly thanks to the art direction of Martin Sharp. Even over half century after publication – the contents will shock.
All magazines are 100% checked and are complete – no missing pages, no clippings, no writing, no significant creases, no missing inserts. Condition varies from Near Mint to VG. Any individual flaws are noted below. All known inserts (that were distributed nationally) are included (there were regional variations & festival flyers added to some copies). Some inserts fetch £££ on their own. Especially the extremely rare Yoko Ono flyer (included with some copies of #8 -until they ran out).
It has taken years to complete and a lot of £ and time invested, so no low offers accepted. There is another incomplete set on Abe Books for £15,000. All issues individually bagged and boarded (with air holes)
- #1 VG++ : Minor rust around staples. Spine is fine around fold-out back page
- #2 VG+ : Usual weak spine around fold out poster on back page. Evidence of tape residue which has been removed. + Oz sub form (mint)
- #3 VG++ : Very minor handling wear on cover.
- #4 VG+ : Poster cover had been removed and pinned to wall. Reinstated with original staples. See – detail shot in gallery. + Oz Insert #1 I jailed Mick Jagger (mint)
- #5 VG+ : Special issue – Unfolds into Flower Girl poster. Yellow edition (pink and orange also printed) As with nearly ever copy this has been folded, probably at point of sale, into 16. Copies fetch £500-600.
- #6 EX- : Light handling
- #7 EX- : Near Fine, clean sharp corners etc very minor discolouration on back cover.
- #8 EX- : Minor mark on cover, but otherwise excellent throughout. + Double sided poster (Near Fine) + Yoko insert – these are actually larger than the magazine and are often tatty along one edge as a result (near fine). B&w variation, (there was also an impossibly rare split fountain colour version).
- #9 EX+ : near fine
- #10 As New : Near Fine
- #11 VG : One of the most difficult issues : the cover consists of perforated (gummed backed) stickers. This copy is complete but there are stains inside the front cover and 1st and last pages – see gallery.
- #12 EX : another of the most difficult issues to acquire- complete. Issued in 3 folded sections : a) cover – very minor age toning but no rips, tears or significant wear to folds. b) newspaper insert – with a dotted line that was supposed to be cut by the purchaser and collated into a newspaper – this is uncut. c) Barny Bubbles double sided poster – see gallery. no rips, tears or significant wear to folds.
- #13 VG+ : This comes with wrap around (not stapled) fold out Hapshash Poster – with a Big O Poster catalogue on the reverse. The wrap around has some areas of discolouration but no creases or tears. The magazine inside is near fine.
- #14 As New : Near Fine
- #15 VG+ : Light wear to cover edges. No significant creases, no stains etc.
- #16 VG+ : light wear to cover , near spine but no splits or weakness around staples.
- #17 EX+ : Near Fine
- #18 VG++ : Clean copy – folded issue, minor wear to main fold.
- #19 EX : clean copy
- #20 Ex+ : clean copy
- #21 VG+ : Magazine – very minor loss at staple – zoom into photo + Running Man booklet + Outcry! Fold out (minor red pen)
- #22 EX+
- #23 EX
- #24 EX- : Magazine 1 small nick + Crumb Jailbait Poster (near Mint)
- #25 VG+ : Minor nick on bottom edge of cover.
- #26 EX + Martin Sharp Print Mint insert (near mint)
- #27 EX
- #28 EX : very minor crease on cover
- #29 VG++ : Very minor spine wear
- #30 EX+ : + Hendrix poster (near mint)
- #31 VG++
- #32 VG+ : Over-sized issue – minor cover wear
- #33 VG++
- #34 EX – brown cover variant
- #35 VG – wear to spine.
- #36 Near Fine + Janis Poster insert (near mint)
- #37 VG++
- #38 EX
- #39 EX
- #40 VG+ – Minor cover creases
- #41 EX
- #42 VG – Minor cover creases
- #43 EX
- #44 EX + R’n’R revival insert
- #45 EX + Oz Comics insert
- #46 VG+ : Oversized issue – folded as with most copies.
- #47 VG = minor spine wear at top
- #48 EX
To order: please click the enquiry button or email email@example.com and state your location and preferred payment method* I will respond within less than 24hours with a bespoke postage and packing quote (at near cost as possible).
*My preferred payment method is via Online banking and I send a request based on your location. This is known ACH in the USA (and is free to use- unlike a wire). This means I can offer P&P at cost. It’s cheaper for you and cheaper for me 🙂
Alternatively, I can send a Paypal request. Please specify whether you wish to use your Debit or Credit card (no account necessary) – or you wish to use your Paypal account. Paypal payments are subject to their fees (added), unless you wish to pay via the Family & Friends option.